Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My God Didn't Just Save Me . . .

My preacher said something so profound this weekend. He said, "My God didn't just save me, He gave me himself." Song of Solomon says "I am His and He is mine" whenever it uses the word Beloved. Mrs. Caryn Bane at a ladies conference I went to reminded us that it is the God of the Blessing we should be seeking, not the blessing of the God. Too often I find myself asking God for things and thanking Him for stuff He has done, but forgetting to ask for Him and thank Him for who and what He is! Take a moment to consider how great my God is! He is wonderful! He is mighty! He made not just the rocks, and the trees, and the birds and the seas, but the mighty mountains, the smallest molecule up to the entire universe and HE holds it all in his hand! He made me! I read on pinterest the other day, "What if we woke up today with only what we thanked God for yesterday?" YIKES! That's all I could say, There would be days I would be stark naked, with no food, family, house, or friends, and let me tell you that would be frightening! Today seek God. Read your Bible with the intention of finding God in there. Thank God not for things, even though that's good, thank Him for who He is! Don't ask God for anything today except for Him! Seek the God of the Blessing and NOT the blessing of God. You want to know a basic truth? If we do that, then the blessing of God WILL follow! Isn't that amazing? All I can say is, God is SO good!

No comments: