Tuesday, July 15, 2014

When the foundations be destroyed . . .

"But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." That is exactly what happened in our life but unlike Joseph in the bible I have the entire word of God, I have a GREAT church family that when I was hurting most encouraged me and didn't even know they were. I have the Comforter living inside of me constantly comforting me!

On a personal level I have parents that raised me in church so when bad things happen I know what I know and gave me a foundation that when physical things happen to me I know to run to God who is my help. I had a youth pastor that encouraged me to be in God's word daily and to memorize scripture because he knew hard times would come and when they did, I would help such as, "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

On a physical level I had a lady who listened to the Holy Spirit and took her money and got me groceries. What's really cool is that months ago she wouldn't have ever been able to do that because she would blow her husband's entire paycheck! I spent months teaching her to budget and how to budget and even taking her out to spend her money. This week she took me and guess what . . . with what she needed and what I needed we only went over her budget by $2! I honestly NEVER thought that would be one of the benefits of teaching her to budget! I just thought that I was helping her and her family!

On a parent level, God has given my children such a good and even an excited attitude during this time! I can't tell you what that means to me . . . it literally makes me cry when I think of it! When they exclaim excitement about what God is doing through this seemingly "bad" situation, I get so encouraged.

One of the best things I've had during this time is God's word. My favorite book of the bible is Philippians. Philippians was written while Paul was in one of the worst jails ever created . . . and yet the entire book is about rejoicing. It's also about being confident. When a trial of this magnitude comes it is easy to lose your confidence but that is not how God wants us to live and He gives us provision in His word to help prevent that!

WE got a letter on friday night after a GREAT VBS and it quite frankly rocked our world. God has used this to draw me closer to Him. On a humorous note I had to teach about Job to the children when I was facing the greatest trial we have ever faced in our life! Two things stuck out to me . . . Job didn't have the perfected word of God! He didn't have the whole counsel of God . . . He didn't know the story of Joseph going from the pit to Potipher's house, to prison and finally exalted to the Palace to be instrumental in saving much people. He didn't even know that there would be "the rest of the story" in his own life yet "in all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly." He actually said, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord."

In my life recently God has given me great things, but God is also taking some away, but honestly it is just stuff. Not just that, what if he takes my children as He did Job's? I hope that as God continues to put me in the fire that I shall come forth as gold and be able to say with Job, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord." I am publicly and have already privately thanked God for this trial because I know what I know.

I know my God is faithful. I know that he will never leave me nor forsake me. I know that He is my constant help. I know He will deliver me. I know that anything He does is for my good. I know that God is working in me to will and do of His good pleasure. I know that He has a will and that His ways are not our ways and that His thoughts are higher than ours. I know that God knows the future. I know that at the end of this trial I am going to talk about it and point others to Christ so honestly, why waste time complaining? Why not start praising God now and pointing others to Him now! I truly am more excited about the future!

No comments: