Thursday, January 31, 2013

Still Singing . . .

This is what I imagine I look like when I'm singing . . . by now, my husband and former youth pastor Bro. Ben are rolling on the floor laughing and looking for the nearest psychiatric hospital to admit me to because this is probably more accurate to what I look like when I'm singing:


And this is what everyone is thinking when I'm singing: 



I love singing. I love to sing. (Shhhh . . . don't tell anyone but I'm pretty bad at it!) I love to sing in church. I love to be part of a large crowd that is singing their heart out so I can sing my heart out too and noone turns around to look at me strangely. I love being carried away with emotion as we sing praises to our Lord and as we learn about him through song. I love, Love, LOVE, listening to the children sing the hymns of the faith louder than everyone else! I love what they are learning as they sing. I love the Bible Truths that are becoming part of their life! I love to sing when I'm tired. It perks me up. I love to sing in my car with the cd player BLARING and making a joyful noise. Some of the greatest times of conviction I have ever had were a direct result of a hymn or spiritual song I was listening to. I LOVE practicing with people as they sing. I love playing the piano and finding the best chords to hit and listening as we learn the song together. Last night I had that privilege. There were 4 ladies in our church practicing the song, "What a Lovely Name". As they practiced, not one of those ladies hasn't been touched with some kind of sadness, weariness, or heartache this past few weeks. One lady was informed that her job is uncertain as they may be doing away with her job where she works, another one lost her job all together, one has a husband who is away on business for a week and is keeping down the fort while daddy's away, another has a child who has caused so much heartache and is currently causing heartache RIGHT NOW, this very moment as I write this and doesn't look to be an end in sight. Yet these ladies stood and practiced and sang, "What a lovely name the name of Jesus . . ." They chose to put their problems, very real problems aside and give time, energy and praise to our precious Lord and Savior. I'll tell you one thing, it did my heart good and it did my husband's heart good. The thing was, it was just a practice run before Sunday morning and already they were blessing hearts! So what's going on in your life right now? If everything is good are you still singing? If things are going exactly as you want, choose to continue to sing!

No comments: