Friday, November 1, 2013

Repercussions of Open House

One month to the date I'm writing again. I have know I need to write and then seeing that I only have 39 posts but over a 1,000 views, I realized I need to write more often but how do you write when you are so busy! God opened the windows of heaven and poured out a blessing!!!!! When Satan is working and you can see him working I am always encouraged. I know that's crazy sounding. When I was younger I read the book, by John Bunyan, Pilgrims Progress. I didn't understand the book at all the first 3 times I read it. Once in school and twice in college. It wasn't till I was in the ministry and read it a 4th and 5th time did I start to see people in the book for people in real life and then I was able to understand the book. I think it is worth reading and working to understand! I highly recommend the book for any christian but especially those preparing for or in the ministry. One of my favorite parts of the book was when they brought Christian into the house with the daughters. They showed him a fireplace. On one side of the fireplace was a fiend who was constantly pouring water on the fire but for some reason the fire wouldn't go out. Christian asked how these things could be so one of the daughters took him around to the other side and showed him another person. He was pouring oil on the fire. That word picture has always stood out in my mind and when the Devil seems to be working and sometimes seemingly winning, God is ALWAYS working! And God is always winning!

The day before Open House, I was preparing bread for the morning. I went and picked up a bowl and as I was trying to help a baby christian through a phone call, I told her that God was going to do something great because Satan was working so hard and Satan usually knows when the Lord is working so he starts working overtime to try and break our spirits, make us weary, and want to quit. As I was lifting this glass bowl down, and as I said those words, this bowl that was not around heat or anything sharp exploded in my hand. I had glass shards in my hair, on my clothes, everywhere! I had glass all over the counters, floor, stoves, etc.!

Sunday came, there was an excitement that had not been there before. We had several visitors. We had 30 Subway cards for every adult visitor. Through the course of the day we gave out 29. That doesn't include the children and teens. In the morning we saw a man and his cousin get saved. Oh, on my birthday I was able to lead a precious lady to the Lord! Best birthday gift EVER!!!! In the morning service I think we saw 3 people get saved. In the evening service we had just as many visitors! Two young men from our church had gotten saved the weeks previous and were getting baptized! They had brought a whole slew of people! It was great! We had one teen girl and a adult man get saved in the evening service!!!! That teen girl and her family kept coming, as did the man and his lovely wife! Through the last few weeks the entire family has come to know Jesus as their Savior and all of them are getting baptized this Sunday! One young man has brought another friend to church and he has gotten saved! The family is bringing people with them! The lady I had the privilege of leading to the Lord on my birthday was able to bring her boyfriend in and he got saved! It is very exciting! God is doing great things! I'm careful to remember to praise God during and for hard times, but I'm telling you what, this is a lot easier and so much more fun!

Since then Satan has fought. He has fought with people in the church. He has made misunderstandings turn from something innocent to something huge and out of proportion but he's angry. He knows he lost and he's not handling that very well! But despite his best efforts, God is ALWAYS working! And God is always winning! And I'm more excited for the future than ever before!

No comments: