Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

This year we find ourselves in Muncie, Indiana. I plan on dying here, just so you know! Last year this time I had my brother with me. We didn't even know Muncie, Indiana existed. We were plugging along and enjoying family and friends. We were planning our Candlelight service and looking forward to church. Last year Christmas was on Sunday. We still had a service, a short morning service. The church people did something most special. I think it was the most thoughtful thing they did the entire time we were there! They brought in presents and covered the front two pews with them for us. It was very special. We took home our presents and opened and opened and opened! I honestly don't remember what I got, I just know how special they made me feel.
This year, we are at Jackson Park Baptist Church. I feel home. We planned and executed our Candlelight service. The kids sang, Grace Has a Face and another dear man in our church sang O Holy Night. (He really ought to make a single, I'm sure he make a million!) Another lady sang, What Child is This (without practice and you would never KNOW it! I am cease to be amazed about her willingness to serve God and with such a sweet spirit!) This Christmas I am realizing afresh and anew that the best presents don't come wrapped. They are times with family laughing over a movie as you watch your children react to something you grew up watching. They are eating pb fudge from a lady in the church who accused you of trying to poison her because she tried to eat the fake ornamental cupcake jar that looked real! It is going to church and knowing you are loved and accepted with all your faults. It is being around people that aren't constantly critical but just love the Lord as you do and are just trying to serve Him to the best of your ability. It is listening to your kindergartener read! It is sitting on the bed explaining to your son how to be saved and watching as he bows his head and prays and asks God to save him! It is having a family over from the church to finish elfing them so you can reveal all that the church people did for them! Elfing is just giving someone gifts for several days before Christmas! The church people OUTdid themselves! Christmas is very special for us and it is even better being here in Muncie, IN, the best place IN THE WORLD!!!!!

No comments: