Friday, September 14, 2012

Feelin' Good Friday

Today, on Friday, September 14th, I was going to blog about some amazing chocolate crinkle cookies that my family absolutely loves! They make approximately 4 dozen but are usually gone within 3 days. Other cookies will sit in the cookie jar looking sad and lonely with no one to eat them, but not these babies! But I didn't have time to make the cookies and actually take pictures at the same time . . . don't worry, we are enjoying eating them.
So what am I going to talk about on this Feelin' Good Friday? On Wednesday evening after we got home from church my daughter went into the bathroom to wash the "fellowship" off her hands and she came out smiling and exclaiming, "Praise the Lord, God provided soap for us!" She says that because when we lived in Ohio there were more than a few times that God miraculously provided things we needed and/or wanted on a regular basis. Some things we would pray about, some things I would mention in passing that they would be nice to have. One of those things was Bath and Body works hand soaps. I just love their stuff. It smells soooo good and it makes you feel soooo special to wash your hands with it. (Or I may be the only weird person out there who thinks that!) So the other day, my wonderful husband took me shopping at the mall and I remarked that Bath and Body Works was having a sale and he said, "Go pick out some soap!" That is not something he has ever said in our married life. We bought the big gallon of orange soap refill container and if someone gave me Bath and Body Works Soap I would sometimes refill those containers. It never had quite the same special effect. So go in to buy some I did. I bought, Creamy Pumpkin for the Bathroom and foaming Kitchen Lemon for the Kitchen.
I am very blessed to be at a church that provides for our needs and well beyond. Not being able to buy certain things is NOT everything in life. What meant more to me was that my child was able to recognize that GOD provided for us! Yes, there were very hard financial times in Ohio. NO, that is NOT why we left. Would I trade those hard financial times to be able to go back in time to buy whatever hand soap I desired? NO! Absolutely NOT! Those hard time strengthened my faith! I now know God won't let me go hungry, without a house, without electricity, etc. and He even provides my wants! Those hard financial times taught my daughter to say, "Praise the Lord, God provided soap for us!" Those "hard" times taught my daughter that there was a God in Heaven who knows our needs and loves us! Those "hard" times were some of the best things that ever happened to us!
I'm feelin' good this friday because as I say with my daughter, "Praise the Lord, God provided . . . " What has God provided for YOU this week? Take a moment to tell me!

No comments: