Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wifey Wednesday

Today I'm going to give my top three websites that I use for being a wife. I love the internet. I love that the internet is now in my home! I have found, now that it is in my home I have to actually choose to use the internet wisely, whereas before when I had to go to the internet and had limited time I planned out how I was going to use the internet. That's not a bad practice to keep up.

There are three main websites I go to. I started looking and I actually go to a lot of websites for a lot of things, planning ladies events, planning children's programs, looking for ideas for my home, etc. But for my own personal use as a mother and wife I go to three main ones.

The first one I want to talk about is Ministry 127. I love this website. I get on this website and read articles about the christian life but as a christian mother and christian wife, this website is good fuel for my fire. This website lets me know I'm not an island. In our christian walk it is so easy to feel like an island, like you are the only one doing something a certain way. Ministry 127 is a ministry of Paul Chappell's church Lancaster Baptist Church. I once asked him if I could use some articles, making sure to give the proper credit, for a newsletter I was composing and he told me that I could use whatever they have on their websites. They put good quality stuff up to help and encourage other churches because they are striving together for the cause of Christ! Isn't that great?

The other website I use is Sheila Gregory's Website. This is the best website for wives out there! Seriously. She is getting it right! If you are a wife or thinking of being a wife you ought to visit this website! She talks plainly but biblically. She tells it how it is and how it should be. She is very adept at taking cookies and putting them on the bottom shelf for all to have access to! You don't walk away from one of her blogs wondering what you should do or how you should do it! I know she isn't KJV and that may be a hangup for some of you. I don't care for it either but come thanksgiving time when I go to serve the turkey to my family I'm not going stop them from eating the turkey just because there are a few bones. So go read Sheila Gregory's website and every once in awhile come back and see how I'm doing! 

The last website is The Best Website on EARTH: Pinterest! I LOVE pinterest! It is my favorite website! My husband thinks its a cult! To which I dreamily respond, "Pinterest is not a cult, it has enriched our lives!" Pinterest is where I get inspiration for decorating my house. It is where I log my favorite articles on the web that help me. It is where I find ideas for cooking, and where I organize activities I plan! Contrary to popular belief I don't go to pinterest exclusively! I love that I can go to a website, see an article I like and "pin it" to my board. I can google something for an activity and "pin it" to my board. It is the best thing every created for the web. Surprisingly the man who created it was a lawyer and he was just doing it for fun! I honestly think God had a little hand in helping this website come about!

So there you have it! How I use the internet to help my life as a wife and mother!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your faves with me a while back! It is entirely your fault that I love Pinterest so much!!