Monday, September 24, 2012

What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

This year, I really don't remember who said it, I do remember that it was a preaching service of some sort but I don't really remember which church I was at when it was said, but this preacher posed this question: "If you knew you could NOT fail, what would you do?" I do know we were at our old church when this question was posed to us and I remember the very first thing I thought was, I would build a GREAT work for God! It wouldn't be with 20 or 30 people. It would be with 2,000 or 3,000, each of those numbers representing a life that had been changed because of the Gospel of Christ! Each of those numbers would NOT be for numbers sake and certainly NOT for bragging rights but for the power of God at work and abounding in my generation and the one to come! The next thought that came to me was that I wouldn't fail with my kids. They would grow up to love God and do exactly what He wanted them to do! And the final thought came to my head is that my house would always be Martha Stewart clean and decorated every moment of every day. So if I get two out of three I won't care about the whole house thing!

I wrote down this question on my bible reading schedule. I'm VERY choosey what I write down on my Bible reading schedule ONLY things I REALLY want to remember. I wrote this between the months of April 3 and July 1. We came to the great Jackson Park Baptist Church at the end of July. This question I wrote down from the nameless faceless preacher I then put two references: Jeremiah 33:3, and Philippians 4:13. Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."  and Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 

Next two the two references I wrote this little outline. I'm sure it came from the preacher:
1. We have the power of His promises
2. We have the power of prayer
3. We have the power of the Holy Spirit

As I look at Ministry Monday I think of all the wonderful things that have happened this weekend! The Lord gloriously saved a little girl at Sunday NIGHT church of all times, AFTER the evening service was completed and people were heading home! I remember the joy of Sunday school and all the fun I have teaching children. I remember the time of fellowship with those dear sweet ladies after the evening service while we waited for our husbands. I had a great sunday. I remember being able to FINALLY play the song, "Wonderful Grace of Jesus". That is a big deal! That is probably the hardest hymn I have ever had to try to play. It was good day. We don't have 2,000 or 3,000 people coming . . . YET. But as I look at this simple little outline from sometime this past year and more as I read those promises God has in his word, I realize with God ALL things ARE possible. I realize afresh and anew that is is ALL God! IT is God which worketh in you to will and do of his good pleasure. It is all about God.

I do know this, God put a dream in my heart years ago, as a teenager to reach my generation and the generation to come with the gospel. I know that in the last 3 1/2 years that dream, despite some people saying that their ministry to me from God was to temper me, that that dream has only been strengthened. The need is greater than ever. People need the Lord! I was put on this earth for such a time as this and Lord willing I am going to do everything I can to reach as many people as I can because after all, I have the power of God's promises, the power of prayer, and the power of the Holy Spirit!

No comments: