Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog . . .

As with everything in life, I work better if I have a plan. I've been struggling with whether to even blog. There are good reasons to blog and there are good reasons NOT to blog!

Reasons to blog:
1. I have something to say, whether anyone out there is listening.
2. I can be a force for good on the internet.
3. If someone is listening I might have a little bit of influence for the cause of Christ over them.
4. Blogging enhances my own personal life. I love to talk . . . if you could not tell!
5. It is another way I can bring glory to my wonderful Savior!

Reasons NOT to blog:
1. I don't have time . . . that could be reason enough for all 5 reasons I'm going to give!
2. I don't think what I have to say is all that important.
3. I would have to plan for yet ONE more thing this week?!
4. I will be sitting at the computer blogging about all the things I should be doing instead of doing all the things I should be doing!
5. What if I make this challenge to myself and miss a day . . . am I a complete failure and will I just want to stop because of it? (uh, sorry about that, my inner self just popped out and blogged that!)

Reasons why having a plan is a good idea:
1. It will make me look for things to blog about.
2. When I have a brain freeze, I will have a plan to go back to.
3. One day, I'm going to look back on this part of my life and realize that I wasn't as busy as I thought I was! So having a plan will keep me on track and as my life continues to grow in busyness I won't have to wonder what I'm going to say next.
4. If I know I have to blog on certain days, I'm going to have to actually quit procrastinating.
5. I like to be organized and that organization brings a smile to my heart and will help me blog more profitable things!

What I'm going to blog about:
1. Ministry Mondays: On Monday I am going to blog about ministry, what I have done, ideas I want to do, ideas that were a complete flop so you should NOT do them!
2. Wifey Wednesdays: I think another blog out there already has this name and if it is copyrighted I will change it right away. I was trying to think of who I am and what I do and that would be what I blog about, you know, the whole idea of writing about what you know about - I am a wife. Not a very good one I'm afraid, but I am constantly trying to get better. I just spent $15 on kindle books (that I need to remember to tell my husband I spent) to hopefully make me a better wife. So on wednesdays I'm going to talk about wifey sorts of things, things I've learned, books I've ready, things I did with my family, etc.
3. Feelin' Good Fridays: On fridays as we look to the weekend I am going to write about things that make me feel good, possibly something in the scripture that I've read that week that really spoke to me, some kind of dessert, especially any kind of chocolate, that makes me feel really good, random acts of kindness that make me feel good, those sorts of things!
4. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be my, if I do something, extra days. Hey, committing to three times a week seems a little daunting! So I'm going to K.I.S.S. it as my mother used to tell me, Keep It Simple Stupid - funny she used to emphasize the "Stupid" (if she's reading this I can just see her shaking her head in the affirmative!)
5. I am going to blog about who I am, what I do, but most importantly I want to bring honor and glory to my wonderful God! He has been so good to me! He is Someone everyone ought to know! I hope that as I blog people out there will want to come to know Jesus in a personal way just as I do!

So that's that, to blog or not to blog . . . I guess I'm going to blog!

No comments: